First, students drew 9-piece puzzles on an 8 ½ “ x 11” piece of paper. They numbered the puzzle pieces 1-9.
- #1 The title, author, student’s name, and an illustration
- #2 A list of the main characters and a picture of the protagonist
- #3 A description of the setting and a picture
- #4 - #6 Three events that happen in the story
- #7 A description of the climax
- #8 A hint at the resolution without giving away the end
- #9 What the student thought of the book/rating out of 5
We mounted the puzzles on construction paper, and the kids drew simple borders that showed the theme of the book.